5 lb rutabaga
1 cup cream (or whole milk)
¾ cup dry bread crumbs (I use the crumbs I have made from rye crisp - Finn Crisp)
½ cup dark sugar beet syrup (to get this you might need to make a trip to Northern Europe)
2 tsp freshly grated ginger
½ tsp white pepper
½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1 tbsp salt
1. Peel and cut the rutabaga into small cubes, boil them in small amount of water until tender.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F.
3. Drain the rutabagas and mash them using an electric mixer or food processor.
4. Mix the bread crumbs with cream/whole milk and stir in the mashed rutabagas.
5. Add the sugar beet syrup, lightly beaten eggs and the spices.
6. Pour into a buttered casserole and sprinkle the top with bread crumbs.
Bake ~2 hours in 350F until between Indian red (192 in Polychromos) and burnt sienna (283 in Polychromos) in color.